The second edition of From Impossible to Inevitable has arrived with new chapters, new case studies, and new sales tips
Collin Stewart, CEO
08 July 2019
Whether you’re a veteran sales professional or a just-getting-your-feet-wet rep, the world of sales always presents a single, coherent truth: it is a fluid, evolving, and dynamic place. Just when you think you’ve got it figured out, new practices, concepts, and tools arrive…and the industry shifts to incorporate them.
That’s why we’ve recently published an exciting update to Aaron Ross’ and Jason Lemkin’s renowned book From Impossible To Inevitable. If the world of sales never stays the same, the awesome books, podcasts, and sites that cover it shouldn’t either, right?
We’ve made updates and improvements throughout the book, including adding entirely new chapters, case studies, and critical sales concepts. Here’s just a glimpse of what you can expect in the newly revised edition of From Impossible to Inevitable:
- Case Study: How Twilio Nailed A Billion-Dollar Niche By Walking In Its Customers’ Shoes
- Case Study: How Sagemount Triples The Value Of A Company In Three Years
- Three Uncommon Approaches Of Hypergrowth CMOs
- How Inbound Changed In 10 Years Between Scaling Marketo To $100m+ And Founding Engagio (with Jon Miller)
- Case Study: How Zuora Drives 60%-Plus Of Its Growth By Outbound, Even When Accounts Need Nurturing For Years
- Build An Outbound Program Right The First Time
- Have You Been Too Successful At Inbound?
- If You’re A Startup: Four Phases Of Hiring Your First Sales Team
- Three Ways To Cut Churn And Increase Sales Motivation While You Scale (with Mark Roberge)
Most importantly, the topics covered in this update are applicable to companies of all sizes – no matter what stage of growth you find yourself, there’s always more to learn. For instance, if you’re at a startup just starting to scale and refine your growth strategy, or a $1 billion organization looking for tips and tricks to bring in new revenue, From Impossible to Inevitable has got you covered.
(Editor’s note: if you happen to be the parent of 9 young children and are looking to substantially grow your income while not compromising time with your growing family…this is also the book for you;)
In addition to the new chapters and case studies outlined above, the book also provides an easy-to-follow and, of course, effective template that will inspire your next growth spurt. Here’s just a taste of the concepts that make up that template:
- You’re not ready to grow until you Nail a Niche
- Overnight success is a fairy tale. You’re not going to be magically discovered. You need sustainable systems that Create Predictable Pipeline
- Growth exposes your weaknesses and it will cause more problems than it solves—until you Make Sales Scalable
- It’s hard to build a big business out of small deals. Figure out how to Double Your Dealsize
- It’ll take years longer than you want, but don’t quit too soon. Make sure you can Do the Time
- Your people are renting, not owning their jobs. Develop a culture of initiative, not adequacy by Embracing Employee Ownership
- Employees, you are too accepting of “reality” and too eager to quit. You can Define Your Destiny to make a difference, for yourself and your company, no matter what you do or where you work
Throughout the book, Aaron and Jason breakdown each of these pillars into simple steps that you can implement in your business today. There’s no better time to start building the right sales mindset, process, and team – so, go on, get your copy of the updated From Impossible to Inevitable now.
Your pipeline will thank you.